Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Final with Mixed Feelings

So I was right about a couple things for this game. One, it was going to be an amazing game. Next, The Gunners we going to come out hard. Third, I was going to be to no avail. I love the gunners, don't get me wrong, but the power of Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Valdez were to great for the English powerhouse. I have some pics to represent the games highs and lows.

We start with the most devistating thing that could happen. Lehmann, keeper for the gunners did the only thing he could do to stop a goal, he tripped/pulled down Eto'o. So, a red card was shown only 17 min in. A blow that I thought would kill the gunners right away, but....









a little while later Campbel's header rocketed passed Valdez for the lead. What a life for a side of 10.
















But alas, the 11 men team was too much for the gunners. Eto'o put it passed the back-up keeper. From then on, Barca was just to tough and a bit less tired.















The final nail in the coffin was when Barca's sub, Belletti put one in between the legs of Almunia for the win.






It was a great game with the result I wished was different. But, other then the score, the game was everything I expected and I can't wait till next year. Go Gunners!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home